If you have researched fertility methods, then you know that the associated costs can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars for each month of treatment. For a long time, many couples had to choose between completely exhausting their financial resources and foregoing treatment, simply because the cost was too great and the medications and procedures are rarely covered by insurance.
Now, however, there are many reputable companies that are dedicated to making a couple's dream of starting a family come true without sacrificing their financial health. These companies provide a variety of services including: counseling, reduced-cost prescriptions for self-pay clients, and loans with flexible repayment options. With these benefits, many couples can now start their families without worrying about depleting their financial resources.
If you are just beginning your journey toward starting a family, these fertility resources provide invaluable information and resources regarding health, wellness and fertility:
- Fertility Source Companies: Fertility SOURCE Companies’ mission is to provide individuals who are unable to conceive with the assistance they need to become parents, including matching them with an egg donor, surrogate or both. As one of the largest egg donor and surrogacy agencies operating on a national level in the United States, Fertility SOURCE Companies is proud to provide clients with third party reproductive care and coordination.
- Path2Parenthood: This is an inclusive organization committed to helping people create their families of choice by providing leading-edge outreach programs and education.
- ReproductiveFacts.org: This website, from The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), offers reproductive health topics, publications, educational videos, as well as current news and research designed to help you understand more about your reproductive health.
- WomensHealth.gov: This resource, as part of the Office on Women's Health (OWH), is targeted specifically to promote women's health and address topics in reproductive health.
For assistance paying for fertility medications, the following fertility programs offer discounts or provide financing options for fertility medications:
- CapexMD: CapexMD specializes in financing the costs related to fertility drugs and procedures. They offer an online, confidential loan application and personalized service to meet your needs. Their repayment terms are flexible and are designed to meet your budget constraints. In addition, CapexMD will coordinate with your treatment center to help estimate the total cost of your treatment and when the loan is approved, the funds are disbursed directly to the provider within two business days so that you can begin treatment as soon as possible.
- DesignRx: The Managed Cash program from DesignRx is for patients who must pay for their own prescriptions/for those who do not have insurance coverage. DesignRx is dedicated to negotiating the very best value for elective pharmaceuticals and procedures for individuals and families. Simply enroll in the program to get the best price on fertility medications.
- First Steps: This program is available to self-pay patients needing help paying for their medications. Patients who qualify based on income or hardship cases may receive to up to 75% off their prescription purchase price. Furthermore, everyone who applies will receive some level of discount, with the largest discounts reserved for those who have the largest financial need.
If you’re dealing with infertility, the stress and strain of managing a complex treatment process can take a significant toll on your emotional well-being. That’s why Avella does so much more than just offer fertility medications. We also provide guidance and compassionate support to all of our patients. Learn more about fertility resources, medications and fertility pricing options to help you get the most information as you start planning for your family.
If you're looking for a specialty pharmacy partner to work with you during this time, you can also download our complimentary Guide to Selecting a Fertility Specialty Pharmacy. This guide will answer five important questions for you to consider as you're choosing specialty pharmacy partner.