Avella is proud to introduce the National Psoriasis Foundation as a valuable dermatology resource for our patients and providers. Founded in 1968, the National Psoriasis Foundation has evolved to become the leading patient advocacy group for the 7.5 million Americans living with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. As emerging research continues to demonstrate the serious effects of these chronic autoimmune diseases, the most important priority of the National Psoriasis Foundation is to find a cure.
The National Psoriasis Foundation is "working to find a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and to eliminate their devastating effects through research, advocacy, and education." We are introducting the National Psoriasis Foundation as a resource for our dermatology patients and providers because they work with members, health care providers, advocates and scientists in four critical areas including:
- Supporting the most promising early-stage and emerging researchers
- Hosting the world's largest supply of psoriasis DNA samples
- Advancing a public policy agenda to secure federal funding for psoriasis research
- Improving overall access to patient care
- Providing extensive patient education and awareness
- Keeping health care professionals updated on the latest psoriasis treatment information
- Online communities and mentor programs
- Building a grassroots network of volunteers and advocates to assist the National Psoriasis Foundation
If you have been diagnosed with a serious skin condition such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, hyperhydrosis (overactive sweating), or skin cancer, there are a variety of resources and innovative dermatology medications that can help. You can count on Avella to give you access to these drugs as well as ongoing support and education. In fact, Avella’s pharmacists have clinical expertise in these disorders and the latest and most advanced drug therapies used to treat them.
Learn more about how Avella and our dedicated dermatology resource partners, like the National Psoriasis Foundation, support our patients and providers with these serious skin conditions.
Note: This article is intended for reference and informational purposes only and do not constitute any form of endorsement by Avella.